Nehalem Bay Fire & Rescue District covers 27 square miles and operates two fire stations, the Main Station is located at 36375 Hwy 101, Nehalem, and a substation at 37115 Hwy 53, Nehalem, OR 97131. The District is staffed by a paid Chief, Division Chief of Training, an EMS Captain and 35 volunteer fire fighters. In 2014 the District responded to 725 calls. The District trains its firefighters in fire suppression, motor vehicle crash extrication, high angle rope rescue, water rescue, medical response and hazardous materials response at operational level.
The District is a municipal form of government that has an elected five member Board of Directors. The Fire Chief receives authority from the Board of Directors and is responsible for managing staff and District operations.
The District’s Tax Rate is $1.15 per $1,000 Assessed Valuation.
“TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY OF THOSE WE SERVE.”
- To guide our actions with integrity, courage and personable accountability
- Treat others with respect
- Leave things better than we found them
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Continually strive for excellence
- Integrate safety, HEALTH and wellness in EVERYTHING WE do
- EVERYONE goes home safe
Current Burn Restrictions
Open burning is allowed with a valid burn permit.